Every morning as you get ready, pick up your car keys and head out to leave for work, the garage is the first place you will enter to take out your car. Now imagine a scenario where your garage door isn’t functioning properly, how frustrating would that be to face early in the morning?
The primary functionality of your garage’s door depends upon its opener. For this particular reason, it’s always advised to switch your old garage door opener with a new garage door opener because:
- It will function smoothly.
- It will increase the life of the garage door.
- You will have new systems in place.
- The overall look of your garage door will be modified.
Smooth Functioning Of The Garage Door
It ensures that your garage door is opening and closing smoothly without any extra effort. It should be easy to open and runs smoothly over the surface.
Increases The Life Of The Garage Door
A new garage door opener will probably improve the overall performance and ensure its smooth functioning. In this way, the door will remain protected from putting any extra effort, which will preserve the garage door from receiving any dents or friction. It will also contribute towards its longevity and durability.
New Systems And Updated Methods
You may still be using old methods or an outdated garage door opener. New technologies and tools are evolving each day, making a user’s life easier and better. Previously, we used to use a pulley system for opening our garages. However, nowadays, electronic and automated systems are trending.
To Modify The Look Of The Garage
A new garage door opener system will help to modify the look of your garage. It will help provide a fancier and the perfect look, adding new life into your old garage.
New Garage Door Opener – Types
Generally, we have four types of garage door openers. All of them either require a motor or a trolley to pull the door up. Let’s discuss them in detail:
- Chain Drive Garage Door Openers
- It usually uses a heavy metal chain to pull up the door.
- It is beneficial if you are looking for a more affordable option.
- It can be nosier. It is okay if your garage is separated from your house since the noise will not interfere then.
- Belt Drive Garage Door Openers
- It uses a belt instead of a chain to pull up the door via trolley.
- It has a quieter mechanism if compared to chain drive openers, which is suitable for garages near your house.
- They are available at affordable rates.
- Screw Drive Garage Door Openers
- It requires lifting a threaded steel rod.
- Pocket friendly or inexpensive.
- It doesn’t make much noise, which makes it suitable for a garage attached to your house.
- Automated Remote-Operated Openers
- It uses a remote-control device or merely a button to operate its function.
- It is quite expensive than the belt drive or chain drive openers.
- Enhances the smooth workability of the garage door
- It doesn’t bother with daily life activities; hence it is suitable for garages inside the house or those that are closely attached.
- MYQ Garage Door Opener
- This has recently made to the list.
- Easy monitoring of garage door activities via smartphones.
- Accessible anywhere and anytime.
- It allows you to open and close the door or switch on/off the lights with just a click.
- Multiple users can get access to the app.
Cost Of A New Garage Door Opener In 2020
- It will cost around $150-200 to install a chain drive garage door opener.
- For a belt drive garage door opener, the price will be estimated between $170-350.
- It will cost approximately $150-250 for a screw drive garage door opener.
- For an automatic remote-control opener, it will cost around $300-500.
- For MYQ garage door opener, it will cost around $250-350.
Bonus Tips or Points to remember
- Horse power – it is a driven force that helps in the mobility of the garage door. The size, material, and garage door weight help in determining the appropriate horsepower.
(1/3 HP, ½ HP, and 1 ½ HP).
- If you opt for a MYQ garage door opener or a remote-controlled garage door opener, make sure that your garage door is compatible (Buy a new garage door if needed).
- You can install a garage door opener by yourself through DIY projects, but it is a huge undertaking and requires active responsibility. It is always better to have a professional handle the job.
Ed Garage Door Repair – Installing A New Garage Door Opener
Ed Garage Door Repair services rank high amongst the best service providers in Lynnwood, WA. It is a specialist in providing new garage doors, new garage door openers and related products, and garage door repair services. Call us now or contact us at our website. Our representatives will be pleased to assist you.