Unlike the conventional universal garage door keypad openers, users get many more functionalities with smart openers that make it safe and convenient. Locals can now control their garages using their IOT devices from controlling lights in their home to remote garage door access. How else could you benefit from using a MyQ Smart Garage? We at Ed Garage Door Repair have prepared a quick read to explore this option.
A Smart Way of Opening Your Garage
What are some of the benefits of using this cutting-edge technology? How could MyQ Smart Garage opener increase convenience in how you access your garage?
Forgetting to lock your garage doors is a common, annoying, and hazardous habit. Homeowners using smart openers afford the luxury of not worrying about forgetting to close their garage doors. This is because they can efficiently operate the doors remotely.
With the smart MyQ Smart Garage opener, owners can easily monitor visitors. This technology also allows the homeowner to engage with and identify visitors from the comfort of their seats. Unlike other openers, owners can’t lose their smart keys. This is because this smart locking system transforms the homeowner’s smartphone into a key.
Enhance Your Security With A MyQ Smart Garage Opener
Ensuring tight security of the garage door is vital in securing your entire homestead. The MyQ Smart Garage opener offers more features for owners to further enhance security
- A lit home gives the impression that there are people in the house, and a lit garage is even more convincing. With the MyQ Smart Garage door opener, owners can control garage lights remotely
- MyQ Smart Garage door openers come with built-in cameras. Such cameras don’t allow for integration with the main home security cameras. In addition to enhancing security through reliable surveillance, the cameras can be used together with a two-way audio feature to identify visitors conveniently
- Besides keeping out intruders, the MyQ Smart Garage door opener also keeps unwanted or dangerous fumes off. With smoke and gas detectors’ help, homeowners are notified of growing levels of toxic gases through their phones from wherever. One can, therefore, open the doors remotely and let the gases out through the garage
What’s In The Package?
All the advantages of a MyQ Smart Garage involve the wealth of features that these cutting-edge systems provide. Here are some key features in this system
- The first outstanding feature of the MyQ Smart Garage opener is the ease to install and configure. Owners don’t need to do much after connecting this device to their network
- The system is very popular; therefore, it is highly compatible with most garage openers and other popular smart platforms. This universal compatibility makes it convenient for houses which already have other systems installed. Garages with universal garage keypad openers would therefore integrate seamlessly with this system
- Owners get real-time alerts. Homeowners through the MyQ Smart Garage systems receive alerts on activities about their garages
- Allows for quick scheduling to enhance its convenience
It’s utterly wireless nature, and easy configuration to third party add-ons make it even more convenient for users.
Pros And Cons Of A MyQ Smart Garage
The pros of using a smart device are rather outright. The convenience, security, reliability, simple installation, universal compatibility, and affordable prices add to the column of pros of these devices.
Despite it being generally advantageous to upgrade to a smart garage system, MyQ Smart Garage have some cons that we think you should consider too. For example, they have a loud sound that cannot be turned off that comes to life when closing the door. The sound is meant to be a warning sign to prevent injury when closing the door, but some owners find it annoying.
Another disadvantage is that although it is compatible with other smart platforms, it is not compatible with Google’s Alexa, and neither is it compatible with Samsung SmartThings. Hence, users of these devices find it hard to integrate the system with their smart gadgets.
Requirements For MyQ Smart Garage Door Installations.
Are you convinced about the need to upgrade your system? Before proceeding, we recommend consulting a garage door professional to understand better what works best for your specific needs.
Ed Garage Door Repair, is a team of experts within Lynwood, WA specializing in setting up quality garages. We have worked on garage doors in Lynnwood, WA, for a long time and have gathered lots of experience to offer nothing but the best service. We ensure to respond within a reasonable time and make sure that we can handle your emergencies within no time. Contact us at whatever time of the day, and we will be sure to attend to you and put your garage concerns to an end.